Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pretty Things!

As I mentioned in my previous post I was down with a broken leg, near the end of my convelesance I managed to get a few projects done all by myself, aside the ones that my kind family helped me with that is!  I have to take a moment to thank my sweet husband for trying to be my picker!  He found adorable vintage chrome kitchen tables from the 40s & 50s...one of which made it to the Country Store and the other is in my Laundry Room as a folding table!  He and my sweet son also sanded tables and reassembled them for me after I finished them since mobility was an issue- I could sit on my stool and paint & stain though!

I have been helping my friend Susie with a few little items for her daughters wedding.  Susie's daughter had quite the dramatic proposal on the morning show "The Talk"  and it has been a big adventure just watching what Susie has done putting this wedding together, truly inspiring!  I had fun making cute tags, labels and signage for different items at the wedding...Susie says it is practice for when my daughter is grown and getting married -a terrifying thought to my husband!  Anyhooooo....here is a picture of a cute tag I designed for the wedding, with lots of input from Susie!  We punched the tags out for maximum cuteness and they tied them on these adorable bottles of honey as wedding favors....so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment