Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April Showers....

Maryhill Museum in Washington State along the Magestic Columbia River Gorge

I am sooooo slow getting posts done..bad me!  Last week was the kids spring break and I have to confess we were home most of the week and I was so lazy, all I did was read books and watch movies!  It rained and rained although we did have a lovely day last monday.  We drove to Maryhill Museum, a totally unexpected jewel in the high plateau of southeastern Washington, it overlooks the amazing Columbia River and is just 2 miles from Maryhill Winery...also a recommended stop...they have a fantastic amphetheater that gazes out over the Columbia as well.  The museum has wonderful gardens and the view is breathtaking.  They have albino Peacocks too!  Sometimes we will just pack a picnic lunch and enjoy the gardens.  Usually we drive the Oregon side of the Columbia, being from Oregon and all, but this time we decided to take the Washington side.  I am so glad we did, we got to see it from a whole new perspective and I have to say I think I enjoyed it more, its very peaceful on the Washington side, not so much developement along the river.

 The afternoon worked out to be clear so this is what we got to see on the drive up:
Stunning Mt Hood, view from Washington side of the Columbia River.
Thanks so much for checking in and I hope you will try the visit to Maryhil l- it is truly gorgeous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment