Sunday, January 13, 2013

Organizing in January!

Traditionally in January we have cleaning & purging projects...so far my teenage children have cleaned and purged their clothes and outdated toys & decor and we have donated those prior to the end of the year (got to love tax breaks). 

Now I plan on cleaning the basement and organizing that as well as building some storage shelves in our closets and organizing that chaos!  I created a board on pinterst for clever closet storage, plus great pantry projects, my pantry isn't too bad but I do think pantry & closet projects go together. Now  I am not one who needs my jar & can labels to be organized perfectly but I do like things to fit well on shelves and maximize space. 

I often buy in bulk and decant to large gallon jars and I also repurpose cute jelly jars for spices and custom spice blends in our cabinet as well.  One of my favorite finds are half gallon jars that use the same lid and have the same circumference but are just half the height of regular ones.  So charming and perfect for rice & beans.  I like to blend the vintage charm of our 1915 kitchen with restaurant style kitchens, lots of stainless and bulk storage on easy display, it compliments each other nicely.
 
I am hoping in the new year to have my most successful garden yet as well, have some fun ideas in mind as shown here,  hoping to tile our cracking front steps and do some repainting of trim and the kitchen and bathroom.  Thankfully the painting projects are just to brighten not change the color so those will go fast! 

So here is to late winter projects and the promise of spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment