Friday, April 6, 2012

Happy Easter!

Mirrored Church Window Dolled Up for Easter.
I just love Easter!  I love the colors, the awakening of spring, the sense of renewal and rebirth..its wonderful! The food is great too, ham baked with pineapple and honey, scalloped potatoes, green beans- Yum!  I wish my sweet sister was closer but its a long drive for a day so we usually do it just as immediate family, sometimes friends will come as well.  On my pinterest board I pinned under Entertaining the cutest deviled eggs...I am going to make those as well as homemade chocolate bunnies filled with peanut butter!  Found the how to here on Allrecipes.  Love that website!

I thought I might share my simple home decor for Easter...another reason to enjoy the day..simple works wonderfully!  I got the wreath at Joann's and the little bunnies at the Dollar Store and the large rabbit from Safeway Floral! Love it!  All of the glass cannisters I found at yard sales for like $1 each! If you are curious about the finish on the wall its Ralph Lauren's amazing Candlight Finish...I got mine from Home Depot...ps you do need the rollers and corner tool. I get more compliments on my dining room because of that finish..its really wonderful.  Below are a couple of my favorite milkglass cakeplates with lovely cloches taking the cute factor way up! 

The postcards are home prints I did using images from the amazing
Graphics Fairy...such a generous soul!

and on the opposite side of the buffet:

sweet simplicty!
Have a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment