Monday, April 23, 2012

Bahn Mi ....

Have you heard of Bahn Mi?  It is a super tasty sandwich I first became aware of on Food Network's Food Truck Challenge.  It came about during Vietnam's occupation by France and has evolved from there.  It is a "sub type sandwich" that is made on a baguette with roasted meats, sweet picked carrots and pâté among other things.  Sounds kind of odd when you first hear the ingredients but even my proudly redneck husband just loved it!  

I don't know if I have shared that I really enjoy cooking and learning new things...plus I am a total tightwad and I like to save money! So...that being said, I did not want to pay a fortune to purchase pâté so I decided to make my own.   Here is my very inexpensive recipe, in total it cost me about $6 for 36 servings!  I hope you will try it and enjoy it as much as we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment